Tuesday 8 February 2011

Stinking Job Offer


From: Jon
Sent: 08 February 2010 15:18
To: Kuttappayi
Subject: RE: Job Offer

Hey Kuttappayi

Just had confirmation that your offer has been signed by board of directors and my colleague has just mentioned that she is going to get the final HR signature and this should be done by 12:30pm. So I will endeavour to get this scanned and emailed over as a matter of urgency. We will also send you two copies of the same by post. Please duly sign and post it back to us tomorrow itself so that I can assure the Recruitment team to close this position.

Thanks
Jon.

--------------------------------------

From: Kuttappayi
Sent: 09 February 2010 12:33
To: Jon
Subject: RE: Job Offer

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for the offer. I hereby confirm that I received the offer letter by post yesterday and I’m very much happy to accept it. But I have a bit of a problem doing so at the moment. 

We had a party yesterday to celebrate the Job Offer and towards the end of it, my friend Kuruvi who came to my room threw up on my study table and slept on top of it. Unfortunately, the offer letter was on the table at that time. As of today morning, I found that the puke has dried out and the letter is not in a good shape to be signed and sent back. 

I understand that this sounds too frivolous and goofy and I know that it’s damn difficult to get the series signatures again for a new offer letter.

I couldn’t think about a lie that could cover up the actual fact. I could say that I misplaced the letter or my dog ate it. That anyway means I don’t have this job anymore.  Either way, it was good talking to you and sincere apologies for wasting your time. It would be so kind of you if you could send me another copy of the letter.

Cheers
Kuttappayi

No comments:

Post a Comment